Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dancing Queens


This past weekend Ellie and Cate had their dance recital. Ellie performed an Irish dance and Cate performed to "Dancing Queen". They both did a great job.


Kudos to Aunt Lindsay for a great job on their hair.

Ellie had to perform twice, but one performance and all the excitement tuckered Cate out and she fell into bed for a nap as soon as she got home.


Meanwhile, Henry continued his important work of taking all of his toys out of the storage tub, exclaiming over them, and then hurling them down. I tell you, that never gets old. You might be able to see the shades of a shiner he received on his right eye after he reached forward too far for a toy and pitched over. His story? "You ought to see the other baby."


And, as usually happens, a nice Sunday afternoon photo op with the kids . . .


soon dissolves into sheer silliness.

3 comments:

hartcentral said...

By far, the most beautiful dancers we have ever seen!! So proud of you girls!! :)

Bec said...

What great pictures! Keep 'em coming! The girls look beautiful, and I'm sure they danced beautifully as well. As for Henry, can he get any cuter? Sheesh!

BTW, Ike wants to know if Henry can talk yet... :)

Anonymous said...

Ike -- Henry can't talk yet, but he can communicate whether he is happy, hungry, tired, has a dirty diaper, wants a toy, etc. My favorite is when Ellie really gets him giggling. She knows exactly how. My second favorite (kind of) is when Henry catches Alison's or my eye and starts a low growl in his throat which means, "I am getting hungry and it doesn't look like you've started making the food yet. Just thought I'd give you a chance to do that before I start crying about it." Looking forward to seeing you in a month or so! Uncle Chris